Friday, April 26, 2013

Man Of The Year: Omar Borkan Al Gala

When I read things these days, anything, my first instinct is to research and see if it's true.  Sad, but sensationalism and views or ratings are more important than relaying the truth these days.

Video used to be our savior, but even that can be manipulated.


(random photo to generate suspense)



So yesterday I read this story about a man named Omar Borkan Al Gala.

The smoldering good looks of Omar Borkan Al Gala a national threat?  Apparently.

Omar, together with 2 other men from United Arab Emirates, were expelled from Saudi Arabia during a cultural festival as they were deemed "too handsome" by the religious police and that "the festival commission members feared female visitors could fall for them."  Concerned women might suddenly start stripping naked and throwing themselves at the men, police seemingly decided the best option was to remove them from the country.

Hang on....Hahahahahahahaha.  One, they have religious police?  And two, they were kicked out of the country because he was too handsome?  

He was deported for being handsome.  I have to know more...

The Middle East and surrounding countries have spawned some stereotypes in my American eyes.  Surely all men over there must look like this:




Or maybe this:




LOL, Or even possibly this:





But, no, apparently this Omar is truly handsome.  Even my heart did a skip.  I mean, I'm not tearing my clothes off as they feared in the UAE or begging him to visit, plus he's younger, but he is definitely a good looking man.

Want to see the definition of "tall, dark, and handsome"?

Ready?




How about?




Dubai-based Omar's an actor, model, photographer, and poet.  Poet?  He's said on his Facebook page (be careful, there are a lot of imitators out there now), "The beauty of a woman must be seen from in her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides."

"Last night I looked up into the stars and matched each one with a reason why I love you. I was doing great until I ran out of stars."

(sigh)

And "If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."

He has a soul, a heart, he's sensitive, and wants to be liked for himself, not his mesmerizing eyes.




Are you kidding me?  He can't possibly be real!  Either way, women all over the globe are swooning and suddenly he's the planet's sexiest man.

It's certainly changed my view of what men look like over there!  If I were younger, single, I would consider (though only briefly because it's hot there) defecting.  He quotes When Harry Met Sally and Oscar Wilde for Heaven's sake!

Ok, one more:




With a horse?  Stop it. 

He's got my vote for Man of the Year based on the sudden buzz he's created and how funny I find his deportation.

If you want to insert him into your mental catalog of "Fifty Shades of Sand", by all means...




AND a falcon??  You're killing me Omar!








7 comments:

  1. He is nothing, but merely and purely sexy. All girls in our Vietnam and East Asia like China, Korea, Philipine, Japan, Thailand are crazy with him these days. It can't help that he steals all Asian women, so sad but true

    ReplyDelete
  2. His pictures are shared and gossiped every conners of Asia, it's so funny. he is fever, all women are obsessed with him, like their husbands become invisible lol. They talk about him constantly these days. I even didn't think this storm spreads over US lolzzz

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well, my best friend told me that in Saudi single men and women cannot talk even say "hi", i thought she was joking but apparently if they were caught, its a public trial for both parties.

    ReplyDelete

My Zimbio
Top Stories