Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Death By Beaver

You can't make this stuff up.




A fisherman in Belarus (that's a country between Poland, Ukraine, and Russia) was bitten to death...by a beaver.  He was trying to take its picture.  

The man spotted the beaver while fishing with friends at Lake Shestakov, but as he approached to take a photograph, the beaver bit him on the thigh. The animal managed to sever an artery, and his friends couldn't stop the blood flow.

Zoom lens, people!!

I'd like to point out at this time that beavers can, of course, bite through trees



Beaver attacks are rare, though, and when they do occur, rabid beavers are generally to blame.

A Boy Scout leader from New York was attacked by a rabid beaver while swimming in the Delaware River.  The animal then bit him in the leg, buttocks, arm, hand and torso before he managed to grab it and hold its jaw closed.  One Boy Scout pulled him to shore, where he tossed the beaver away from him. The Scouts then used rocks to kill the animal.

But just recently, a video was posted on YouTube showing a beaver going after a Russian man.



This sort of thing is not confined to the cold climates of Europe.

Two girls were seriously injured after being mauled by a beaver in Virginia, one in Lake Barcroft and the other in Fairfax Lake; just days after another rabid beaver bit an 83-year-old woman in a Fairfax Lake.

Yeah.  Not so cute and cuddly now are they?  Want to know how I like beavers?


Apparently, it's "kill or be killed" in the beaver world and if I'm victorious...I'm also warm.  Take that PETA!



*The Boston bombing is still first and foremost in my thoughts, but I need to add a little humor to my life or my anger will take over.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories