Monday, March 25, 2013

Rainy Days And Mondays

So the song goes, "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down", but what do you do when it's raining on a Monday?


Well, I start off maudlin and depressed, but I do my best to cheer myself up.  I'm not really a big sunny person to begin with, I have a red hair so I'm usually under a giant hat and slathered in sunscreen all summer.

I find that I always start my Mondays reflecting on things that I can't control:  my weight, things I've done or said wrong, regrets...

This is the wrong way to go about it.  It's not what I haven't done or mistakes I've made, it's what I do with my future and how I should approach the remaining days that will make an impact.  

I'm in mid-life, not the end of it!

I recognize there are some things I'll just never be able to do, like climb up to Macchu Picchu.  After the pulmonary embolisms I had, my lung capacity never returned to 100% so very little oxygen at high altitudes isn't possible.  It's just something I'll have to live with.


I'm OK with that because every day I wake up is a gift, when the doctors told me they didn't know how I was still alive with the clusters of blood clots in both of my lungs.

I know.  Determination laced with a touch of stubborn bitch!

I'm like a weeble-wobble, I'll fall down, but when I bounce back...run.

So Monday is upon me, I'm exhausted, blue, and it's cold and rainy outside.  Maroon 5's Moves Like Jagger is playing, I'm starting a little chair dancing and singing at the top of my voice, because I'm fearless like that.  I'll sing in the store, dance when music starts, and smile for no reason.

My kids know me as crazy, my husband knows me as beautiful inside and out, Monday knows me as a failed attempt!










No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories