Thursday, September 20, 2012

Shoe Fetish or Problem?





I'm always wanting a new pair of shoes.  Drives my husband nuts because he says I already have 300+ pairs.  If I show him a pair of shoes I'm dying to have, he always says, "Don't you own a pair just like that?"

Uh, no. 

Besides, no matter how much we weigh, shoes always fit.  I believe that women love shoes because we can go up and down and as long as the shoe fits, we're doing just fine!

But I did discover recently that perhaps, just maybe, I might own too many shoes.  Is that even possible?  I'm wanting a pair of leopard pumps.  Something tasteful, not platform, muted tones, suede maybe, high heeled...

I spent weeks scouring the internet comparing different styles and brands. I almost pulled the trigger and bought a pair online, several times actually. Then one evening a picture comes to mind of the perfect pair.  I know exactly what I want, but where to begin?  As the days stretch on and the picture becomes more clear, a little tingle begins in the back of my brain. 

Do I already own these shoes?

I went through the closet, the garage, the drawers in the bed, but can't find the shoes I'm thinking of anywhere.  But the more time that passes, the more I know the exact pair of shoes I've been thinking of.  I have a perfect image and can even see them on my feet, but they aren't here.  Surely I wouldn't have gotten rid of the perfect pair of leopard pumps?

About three weeks pass and I have to take the cat to the vet.  He knows and is running and hiding and I'm moving furniture to try and catch him.  Under my bed, where I store empty shoe boxes, he darts.  I start pulling out boxes until I can't reach any more, he continues to the middle.  I get the broom and pull more out boxes when lo and behold, there are the leopard shoes. 

Still in the box.  Never worn.

I'll never admit to my husband I own so many shoes I don't even know where they all are!   I'd rather die.  But this presents the newest problem:  To find the perfect dress to go with the perfect shoes.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories