Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Year's Resolution: Be Resolute!



So New Year's is a couple of day's away and it's resolution time.  Lose weight, get in shape, eat healthier, quit smoking, blah, blah, blah...



Let's face it. Gym memberships increase a thousand times over this first two weeks of the any new year and are eventually cancelled by March.

Salads are awesome until someone at work has a birthday and a cake is involved.  Mmmm, cake.

Losing weight feels fantastic, you buy smaller clothes, you gain a new confidence, and life seems to be going your way until you get sick, have to work overtime, or some deadline helps you miss a day of staying on track.

I watch people quit smoking every year.  For like a day and then they are too "stressed" and are going to light just one.  Ha!

That resolution train has derailed.  You can't put that back on the tracks.  You might manage one car, but eventually it's going to blow up and you'll be making the same resolution next year.

People get really angry and defensive if you point out that they have failed, so try to be supportive or say nothing at all.  Or you may end up in a bog somewhere, toes poited up.



So this year, my resolutions are going to be easier to keep.  Clean the bathrooms more than one a month (with boys, I really hate going in there without a hazmat suit and they are kind of expensive).

Try to be a little more silly.  Be spontaneous more often, smile more, and mostly enjoy my life because I don't know how long it will last.  I will not keep putting off until tomorrow what can easily happen today.

I could be smiling right now.

I'm not, I mean I just woke up, but I could be.






No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories