Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Christmas Present Impatience



Christmas is almost here.  Twenty days left (as of right now while I type).  My stress level went through the roof last night.  I poured the rum in the eggnog gallon and drank directly from the carton.  Then I sat in the tub until I looked like a white raisin ignoring all knocks, bangs, cries, and pleas from the door.

It makes me absolutely NUTS when someone asks for something for Christmas, then gets too impatient to have it so they go out and buy it for themselves.

Why?

Why bother asking me for it if you're going to buy it for yourself anyway?  Do you have so little faith in me?  I mean you asked me for it specifically, I gathered details from you, hunted down the item, and then I see you have it.

Grrr!

Sadly, I'm talking about adults, not kids.  After spending my entire day yesterday wrapping gifts and packaging things to ship out, I have to open everything this morning and return the things people already purchased.



Santa would put you on the naughty list and skip your house for such an act!  And I hope your cookies are stale when they reach you!

I think next year I'm going to give everyone socks.  Plain white tube socks.  The kind that come a hundred to a pack for five dollars at the discount store.

When you're stunned to open it, I'm just going to say, "Well, I know you already bought yourself what you really wanted, so I saved money to buy myself what I really wanted this year:  a stress free Christmas."

This is where I'll be next year, good luck finding me to try and freak me out with your crazy buy-me-this-so-I-can-buy-it-myself list.


Phew!  I feel better now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories