Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Behind The Curtain

Everyone remembers The Wizard of Oz.  The Great and Powerful Oz was nothing more than a little man behind a curtain with a projector and megaphone...


But what happens when you look behind the curtain of your hero?  

Sometimes we learn that those we admire, those that lifted us up, or those that inspired us...are just ordinary people with problems just like ours.

I recently found out my hero was worse off than I was.  Did I really derive all of my strength from someone who could be so weak?

I'm so disappointed.  

I'm not even sure if it's because I looked behind the curtain or if because what was revealed was such a lie.


I'm not a present-shaker.  I don't peek.  I wasn't the one that pulled back the curtain.  But what I saw behind there almost left me bereft.

The lesson I took away?  I'm better off being my own hero.

I shall make my own magic, lift myself up, and inspire others to do the same.  Heroes are for kids.  As adults, we need to be our own hero and stop depending on other people to inspire us when the world is ripe for our own inspiration.




Don't look behind the curtain.  Look beyond it, to the world that awaits...










No comments:

Post a Comment

My Zimbio
Top Stories