Monday, January 27, 2014

My Name Is Daisy


I was found in a feral colony as a kitten.  Then I was with a rescue group for a very long time.  They called me Sassy even though I wasn't very.  I was unwanted, unloved, overlooked, and thought to be ugly by everyone.  

I was also in pain, I had a broken tooth with the root exposed that nobody had caught.  My sisters were adopted.  My roommates were adopted.  My neighbors were adopted.  Month after month, everyone had found a home except me.  I had given up hope...

One day, a lady came to take pictures of me for the rescue group's website.  I stole her toy mouse and with it, I stole her heart.

She didn't think she had room for another animal.  She didn't think she had enough time or love for another baby in her house.  She didn't think her house was big enough for just one more, no matter how small I was.  But one day she came back.  She put her hand to the glass, I put my paw to her hand as I looked into her sympathetic eyes...and she took me home.

She called me Daisy because she said I brought sunny joy into her home with my big golden eyes and my heart-shaped nose.  I have my own toys, plenty of sunshine in windows with bird feeders outside to entertain me.  She had my broken tooth removed and I'm no longer in pain.  I have three brothers to play with and three humans who adore me.  

Turns out she did have room.  Room in her house and room in her heart.

I get treats and rubs and she gave me my own bed that I don't have to share.  I was even Miss June in a calendar.



She calls me her Pretty Princess and for once in my life I believe it to be true.  My message to all the kitties out there is this:  Don't ever give up hope.  

One day someone will take a chance and make room for just one more...







Share my story from here and help feed shelter pets:   http://theanimalrescuesite.greatergood.com/clickToGive/ars/story/my-name-is-daisy733

When I met Sassy, before becoming Daisy, she looked like this:


You can actually see the lack of hope inside of her.  This hidden gem now sparkles from within.








2 comments:

  1. I now work for that rescue group full-time when I'm not taking photos. Teaching people that matching personalities is more important than matching the furniture. She changed my life more than I will ever change hers.

    The before picture would break your heart, but to see her shine now is truly amazing...

    ReplyDelete

My Zimbio
Top Stories